Let’s face it, sometimes modern life gets the better of us. Before you know it, you suffer with headaches, stomach aches and feeling bloated, you can’t fall asleep at night and you feel nervous all the time.
These are just some of the symptoms that may be sure signs that your liver is not detoxifying your body properly. If you don’t pay careful attention to what your body is trying to tell you, you may be heading for a complete system shut down.
To avoid this from happening here are 7 signs that you may be suffering from a toxin overload:
- Bad body odour: If your body, urine or stool smells bad, it’s an indication that your body is struggling with high levels of toxins (usually a result of eating an unhealthy diet rich in processed and sugary foods, consuming too much alcohol and not drinking enough water), meaning that your liver is not working at its optimal level to detoxify the body.
- Foul breath is also a sign that your digestive system is in distress, coupled with neglected oral hygiene.
- Skin Reactions: Acne, skin rashes, boils and oily patches can indicate that your liver has called in the help of your skin to rid your body of harmful toxins.
- Other signs of high levels of toxins in your blood are puffy eyes, eczema and psoriasis.
- Headaches: Frequent headaches can be a result of toxic food additives like (mono sodium glutamate) MSG and the artificial sweetener aspartame, as well as artificial colours that are added to processed foods and junk food.
- Fatigue: If you feel tired and lethargic even after a good night’s sleep, there’s no doubt that your body is trying to tell you something. Sometimes fatigue can be a side effect of pharmaceutical drugs like cholesterol-lowering statins and antidepressants, but it can also be an indication that your adrenal glands are under pressure as a result of your liver struggling to cope with your toxin overload.
- Insomnia: Cortisol is known as a stress hormone. Normally your cortisol levels should be high in morning – helping you to cope with waking up and getting on with your day – and low in evening. High levels of toxins in your body, will result in rising cortisol blood levels.
- Increased cortisol levels cause a hormonal imbalance, meaning that your body experiences constant high levels of stress, which can lead to many sleepless nights.
- Constipation: A healthy and regular bowel movement is an indication that your body is getting all the nutrients it needs to run smoothly and for your liver to function optimally.
- A toxic build-up in your body, makes it harder for the liver and kidneys to filter and clean your blood, which has a knock-on effect on your digestive system, slowing down your bowels.
- This can cause severe constipation and can also contribute to headaches, feeling lethargic and suffering with fatigue.
- Muscle Pain: A clear sign of toxin accumulation in your body is joint and muscle pain, caused by inflammation – a result of high cortisol levels and raised stress levels.
Fortunately, it’s very easy to support your body in the detoxifying process and you don’t have to go on a week-long fad detox diet either. All it takes are a few lifestyle changes.
Start incorporating fresh and organic fruits and vegetables into your daily diet, and drink at least 8 glasses of water. Cut down on your alcohol and sugar consumption. Improve your blood circulation and strengthen your muscles and joints by following a regular exercise programme.
Deep breathing exercises can also help to oxygenate your blood, which helps with the detoxifying process. Further reduce your stress levels by practicing yoga, meditation or Tai Chi.
Did you find this information useful?
Then why not get more expert health recommendations just like this delivered direct to your inbox?
"It is truly refreshing to read a newsletter on the topic of alternative medicine which is scientifically based and reviewed by professionals..." - Robert SinottWe respect your privacy and will never share your details with anyone else.
Disclaimer: Bear in mind the material contained in this article is provided for information purposes only. We are not addressing anyone’s personal situation. Please consult with your own physician before acting on any recommendations contained herein.
7 Signs that your body is full of toxins and how to get rid of those toxins, published online, 23.10.15, trendingpost.net